Experiencing a water emergency can be devastating. The moments directly following your disaster are the most crucial. At ProCare Restoration Services, we understand the urgency and the importance of properly and efficiently restoring your home or office. In order to provide additional support and assistance, our water damage tips help to reduce the stress and chaos of your emergency.
Tips for Water Damage
- Call ProCare: Time is of the essence with water damage and flooding. Call ProCare as soon as you notice any leaks or flooding in your home or office to prevent additional damage. We never close; our team is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Shut off Electricity: Whenever water is present, it is critical to shut off any electricity around the flooded or damaged areas to prevent the risk of electrocution. Also, avoid using any electrical appliances or vacuums while in the damaged area.
- Turn Off Water Source: If your flooding is caused by damaged or burst pipes in your home, prevent additional flooding or water damage by shutting off the water from its source. If you are unsure how to find the source, our knowledgeable team is here to help.
- Remove Furnishings: Protect your belongings from any additional damage by removing any furniture, area rugs, decorations, or possessions from the damaged area.
- Remove Excess Moisture: We recommend attempting to remove as much water as you possibly can from your space by utilizing mops or large, absorbent bath towels.
- Furniture: Using towels, absorb the moisture and wipe down furniture. Prop up any wet cushions to ensure even drying.
- Curtains: To reduce damage to your curtains, lift them off the floor. To promote drying, you can drape them through a coat hanger to hang from the curtain rod.
- Encourage Air Circulation: Open any closet, cabinet, or dresser drawers to help air to circulate, helping eliminate humidity and promote drying.
- Avoid Sagging Ceilings: If you notice any ceilings are low hanging, bubbling, or sagging, avoiding standing below or around them. They could be holding additional water that could cause injury.
Water emergencies can happen at anytime, day or night. Our certified technicians are on-call and available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. When water damage affects your property, you can rely on our water damage tips and fast, certified technicians to dry, repair, and restore your home or office safely and efficiently.
To prevent additional damage during your water emergency, utilize ProCare's water damage tips and exceptional service. Call or contact us today.