Water Damage Tips
Urgent steps in a Water Damage Emergency…
- Prevent Electrocution! Shut off power to all flooded areas.
- Stop the Water! ProCare can help you find and shut off the water source of the flood.
- CALL FOR HELP NOW! Every moment you wait to call us, the damage spreads. ProCare will be onsite within 1 hour.
- Protect Furnishings! Get furniture and belongings out of the water while we’re on the way to your home or business
For 24/7 service, contact us at: 1-888-MichPro (642-4776)
Now that you’ve called us and help is on the way, here are some more do’s and don’ts…
Do’s & Don’ts For Restoring Your Home After Water Damage
- Do remove as much water as possible by mopping or blotting with large bath towels (Be sure not to leave colored towels on the carpet as colors can bleed)
- Do wipe furniture down to remove excess moisture.
- Do prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying.
- Do lift drapes off the floor, loop through coat hanger and hang from curtain rod.
- Do remove wet area rugs, furnishings and anything else on the flooring in the affected area.
- Do move valuable pictures, paintings and art objects to a safe dry place.
- Do open closet doors and dresser drawers and anything else that can be opened to allow air to circulate.
- Do stay out of rooms where the ceiling is sagging.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use electrical appliances while standing in wet area.
- Don’t wait to call for help; the longer you wait the more damage will occur.
Are you dealing with the aftermath of water damage? Our water damage tips will help make the haunting process faster, easier and safer. ProCare covers ALL of West Michigan and beyond. West Michigan relies on ProCare to perform their infamous one-hour onsite response time. Call us immediately in the event of a flood, burst pipe, or other forms of water damage.